Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Glo Bugs on the Weber

One of the most exciting times for me to fish is the fall. The streams are less crowded and the weather slightly cooler. More importantly though, the fish seem hungrier or maybe just more feisty. The brown trout and white fish start their spawn. After using small nymphs all summer, tying on a glo bug with a hook larger than a size 18 is refreshing.

Yesterday evening was one of those days. I caught an 18 inch cutthroat right off the bat. I also caught plenty of white fish to keep the fishing exciting. I caught a few smaller browns (16 inchers) and in the end caught about 10 fish the first hour and 5 the next hour.

After releasing one particular big fat white fish, I bent down to tighten up my boot laces when my line started going out. Apparently my line was dangling enough in the water that I had accidently caught another fish while I was messing with boot laces. These are the kind of experiences that make you just smile with wonder. Try doing that on purpose.

I took pictures of the llamas in the field next to the river and pictures of a muskrat swimming along the opposite bank. It was too dark to take pictures of the deer in the field on the drive home. While changing out of my waders, a friendly kitten came and brushed up along my legs…A perfect autumn evening. Did I mention that fall is my favorite time of year to go fishing?

2 comments:

  1. O that's so funny! I can't believe that happened! You are so lucky you can just up and go fishing... that there are actually places around worthy of you going:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a real fisherman, one who catches fish on accident!

    ReplyDelete