Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Gorgeous Evening


The Weber River has still been running somewhat high and off color, around 174 cubic feet per second. The average flow rate for September is 164, but the flow rate usually drops by the end of September to be closer to October’s average of 134. I’m sure the poor clarity of the water is contributing to the poor fishing lately. Last week I used a Sex Dungeon streamer to see if this would improve my hookup rate. The Dungeon has two hooks so if the fish hits short or just at the tail of the streamer I should still be able to hook it. I didn’t have a single hit. I don’t know if the fish were just not active because of the cloudy water or if the streamer was just too big.

Yesterday I went with Paul and the fishing was just as tough. I fished an hour with nymphs and no hits. I fished a half hour with a small streamer and no hits. Then the last half hour before dark I tried nymphs again and caught a small brown and a large white fish. The weather has been fantastic lately. It was 85 degrees in Hoytsville and no wind. What a gorgeous evening to be out on the river.

3 comments:

  1. Well Honey,
    The weather is changing this week. Maybe the fishing will get better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought of you over General Conf when one of the speakers talked of all that a fishing enthusiast does to guarantee a good experience. Hopefully the fishing picks up. What does that bumper sticker say? A bad day fishing is better than a day without fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sex dungeon... hook up rate....
    lol that's what i got out of all that fishing talk!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete