Monday, August 16, 2010

Bloopers


Sometimes fish like to flop or jump right as a picture is being taken. 




It is like they sense the click of the camera and immediately flop so they are either in the air as the picture is taken or completely out of the field of focus.





I noticed this a lot on my last couple of trips.











I started to delete these pictures and then I thought I ought to share them first.










Some will have the fish in the air where you can get a different perspective (more realistic) than if the fish just laid still.








 



Others will just have a picture of the ground where the fish used to be.






Consider these pictures action shots or “what trying to take pictures of fish that you have just caught” is really like.












The trout are usually a lot more cooperative and calm than the white fish.





For some reason the white fish like to just keep flopping and flopping while you are trying to take the hook out or take a picture.











It can be frustrating at times and at times I feel the fish is just lucky that I heaved it back into the middle of the river rather than into the middle of the field or some other alternative.






No, really I usually still calmly release them.








Sometimes I do laugh at the white fish though, when they have been so energetic, flopping all over the place while I’m trying to remove the hook.











As soon as I place them calmly into the water, they turn belly up and stop moving all together. I tell them “come on, you’re not hurt that bad, you big baby!”








Luckily the trout seem a bit more dignified and stay upright, getting to their senses sooner and swim away just fine.













These are also pictures you can just laugh at, knowing the fish were playing tricks on a fisherman lucky enough to catch them.

4 comments:

  1. I love your bloopers. I was thinking your fishing experiences were always magical. At least the fish try to make it an effort for you to get their portraits. Thanks for the entertainment.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. o that's so funny- i usually don't laugh out loud when i have the computer open on my lap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We liked the bloopers. Glad you included them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will gladly come along with you to help you take the pictures.......anytime......seriously.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete