Saturday, September 12, 2009

Introduction

This blog will contain stories of my fly fishing adventures. It will include the home waters I frequent weekly as well as the trips I make several times per year to various rivers, mostly in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Utah. I will talk about the trip logistics, the fish I catch, the techniques used and the flies.

I will lean heavily on tips and techniques. Over the years I have used my trips as learning experiences, trying various methods to determine what works best. I do a lot of research on techniques and equipment. I will discuss what I learn and use the stories mentioned in the previous paragraph to illustrate certain points or to be used as examples.

Photographs will be used extensively throughout my blogs. I enjoy seeing pictures of the fish I catch. I keep these pictures on my computers and they are used as wallpaper and screensavers. The pictures will also include stretches of rivers I fish, wildlife I see, maybe some equipment but mostly the fish I catch.

I will usually write about every fishing trip I make and in between trips I will introduce topics that I have not mentioned recently. I will also try to recap some of the trips I’ve made in the past few years and the things I’ve learned or interesting facts regarding the destinations.

I have watched over a hundred different videos and read just as many books. I will try to imbed reviews of these or illustrate the things I’ve learned from them.

2 comments:

  1. Great introduction. I'm glad to know just what we will be looking for in this blog. I'm also excited to hear about past trips, because, the ones you remember are the interesting or funny ones.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is incredible. Can't wait. I'm so glad you have a lot up your sleeve. I am always so excited when I log in to see that you have another fish post up.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete