Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Expositions

Winter and early spring are when a lot of Expo’s are held. I have written previously about the Sportsmen’s Expo. This year I also attended a couple of others. Last week I attended the Flyfishing and Fly Tying Expo. This is a much smaller event than the Sportsman’s Expo but all of it is geared toward Fly Fishing. The entrance fee is $1.00. The event was at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake this year. Several large tables were set up with fly tying demonstrations and there was a casting competition.

One thing I learned at the Four Season’s booth is that they now guide on the Green River in Wyoming below the Fontenelle Reservoir. On an average trip a fisherman will catch 2 fish over 20 inches. They guide out of Kemerer which is 134 miles from Salt Lake.

While at the Flyfishing Expo, I was able to pick up a couple of White Sex Dungeon streamers and made a pair of earrings for my daughter Madison.


I also went to the Fly Fishing Film Tour last month. This is something I just found out about this year. It is a preview of fly fishing movies that will be coming out the following year and a lot of door prizes are given away. The tour has quite a following and is usually sold out quite early.

3 comments:

  1. wow those expos and stuff sound really cool!
    awesome job with the earrings- madi those sex dungeons look sexy on you!!
    .....i have a birthday coming up and i like white feathery earrings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I am sorry, Howard, I just can't get over the sex dungeon earrings. Hahahaha. Most dads wouldn't let their daughters wear such scandalous things!

    Also, I had no idea fly fishing had such a cult following. Like the Trekkies or the anime people out there. Something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased you went to the expo and found more earring making materials. We all love the earrings! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete