Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earrings

The other day I stopped into the Western River’s Flyfisher shop to ask how the streams were fishing. They said the middle Provo River was fishing real well. The trout were mostly rising to midges in the middle of the day. They also mentioned that some of the guides were having luck on streamers and pointed to the brown Sex Dungeons that some had used.

I have some green Sex Dungeon streamers in my fly box but not any of these reddish-brown ones so I bought the last two they had. When I got home my wife was wearing some blue feather earrings. I wondered, those streamers I just purchased would make wonderful earrings. When I told her I had just bought her a new pair of earrings, her face lit up and she exclaimed, you did? I pulled them out and showed them to her. She loved them. She pulled out a couple of earring hooks and put them through the eyes of the streamer hooks and put them on.

They looked fantastic - original and classy. I proceeded to clip off the hooks and file smooth the place where I cut. I also put fly head cement on the places I cut just to make sure they wouldn’t scratch her. What do you think? Could this be the latest trend?

2 comments:

  1. I really love these earrings. My co-workers think you need to start an earring business. They are the best. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that picture of mom looks so pretty! And I love the earrings, they look great! Are you taking orders? Hehe
    Sara

    ReplyDelete