Tuesday, February 1, 2011

An Arbor Knot Trick

This week I was putting some cool orange backing onto one of my reels. After tying the arbor knot I was a little frustrated that the backing wouldn’t just wind onto the reel as I wound the handle.

I had to hold the backing against the arbor until it had made a couple of wraps around itself so it wouldn’t keep slipping. I tried the knot again, but this time I wrapped the backing around the arbor twice before tying the knot. This did the trick. I was able to wind the reel and the backing did not slip.

2 comments:

  1. wow good job- smart thinking
    love the pic
    love your posts
    love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been catching up on our favorite (and only) fishing blog and I truly had NO IDEA there was so much involved! I thought you pretty much just tossed in the pointy thingy, and maybe, if you were fancy you did that one twirly thing so it stayed on top of the water.
    I'm impressed.
    Tifani

    ReplyDelete