Friday, October 16, 2009

Weber River Water Level Has Dropped

Someone in the lab asked me this week “do you go fishing every week? I told them no. Last week I was in Disneyland and next week I have to go to Hawaii for a Human Genetics conference. Hopefully this clears the air about that.

OK, yesterday evening I was on the Weber River below Rockport and the water has dropped considerably. You’ll notice from the picture with the black mink that it dropped recently, like earlier in the day. The fish were off the bite. I caught a nice cutthroat and a big fat white fish on a caddis emerger. There were caddis flies on the water but the fish didn’t seem interested. I notice that whether the flow has recently risen or dropped the fish don’t seem interested in eating. The water was also somewhat off color.

Oh, I did get checked by the Division of Natural Resources to see if I had a license. The first thing I pulled out of my wallet was my Montana season license. He commented that I get around. I did show him my Utah license. He mentioned that no one was having much luck yesterday. I was glad to see that the DNR had someone out checking the river. It was the first time I have been checked there.

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to read your blog so I can find out what goes on during your fishing trips. It's kind of hard keeping up with my busy fisherman. I'm also excited to go to Hawaii with you. And yes folks, he actually does work. He even worked 5 days this week. (first time in several weeks)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pic of splash mountain! between me an my hubby- you have seen a lot of my little family this past year:)

    ReplyDelete