Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Colors

Hey, I finally got on a river last week.  Paul and I hit the Weber River.  The weather was perfect, 88 degrees.  We went to one of our favorite stretches of the river.  The water was only a little high but it was quite off color, not the typical clear water you usually find in the fall. 

This season has been quite difficult.  Using a disco midge and a pink scud I managed to catch four white fish.  Paul caught one rainbow.  After lunch we headed up Beaver Creek Canyon.  The creek is very small but Paul was still able to catch a nice cutthroat. 

The colors in the canyon were spectacular.  This was September 29th.  Check out the picture below of how the mountains look this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the fall picture looks gorgeous! I can't believe it's snowing there now! Crazy! Hope the weather is good for ya this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry and I miss fall more than anything else, living down here. The pictures made me jealous! You'll have to come fishing here sometime. They say it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete